Layout/Background

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Overnight Oats - Yummo

I can't believe that it has taken me this long to try overnight oats. Who would have thought how easy and delicious it can be. I am on this kick that I NEED to loose the baby weight (my baby is ummmm 22 months) and get in shape for myself and to look better and have my clothes fit better and all of the above. Problem is drive thru's are my friend. I am a busy mom of 3 and at this point only 1 is in school and has after school activities, next year I'm going to be a first class wreck with 2 in school and activities.

Back to my oats. I had some quick cook oats in the pantry from some cookies or something so I thought, lets give it a try and so happy I did! Here is my recipe, however its very loose and you can add things like chia seeds and flax seeds or use different kind of milk. Baby step for me over here and I used what I had and I already have to buy 2 kids of milk for my family, I am not going to add a 3rd kind to the mix.

1/2 cup quick cook oats
1/2 cup plus a little splash milk - Whatever you like almond, coconut, dairy free, etc
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 cup fruit - my favs are banana, blueberries, mango and strawberries

Add all ingredients to a mason jar put lid on and shake to combine. Let it sit in the fridge overnight and enjoy in the morning

I am happy to say that I actually eat this about 4 times a week because its there in the fridge ready to go and you know what they say "Breakfast is the most important meal of the day"

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Favorite Princess Dresses EVER!!!!!

Any parent of a little girl knows the struggles with Princess Dresses. So lets just list off the cons shall we... there is glitter EVER...